Friday, June 18, 2010

Spirit of Rugby Challenge 2010

Heyya wassup homosapiens! Ah..dah basi baru nak tulis pasal event ne. Haha..For all rugby and American football lovers in Malaysia, did you guys pergi tengok Spirit of Rugby Challenge 2010 last Saturday, 12 June 2010 tak? Rugi sangat lah kalo tak pergi because the game is between the legendary Classic All Blacks (yes..I'm talking about Jonah Lomu here) and World XV. The opening game was between Negeri Sembilan Wanderers Rugby Club (Malaysian Super League Champions) vs Hong Kong Football Club (Hong Kong Grand Final Champions). Event was held at MBPJ Stadium Kelana Jaya which is dekat gila dengan rumah saya. Punyalah rushing dari Putrajaya pergi kenduri my bestfwen kawen sebab tak nak lambat, sekali rupa-rupa nya, stadium tu belakang umah sewa jer. Aiseh..Uncle Amir lah ne..gempaq lebey. Hahaha..

I went to the event with my lil' bro Boy who played rugby for his school team and my brother, Uncle Amir (bukan abang betul, abang tipu-tipu.. =P ). Actually Uncle Amir was the one yang beriya ajak teman dia to the game, since I haven't got anything to do so I agreed. Plus I enjoyed watching sports game be it rugby, football, soccer, squash or other sports. Use to watch ESPN and star Sports with my Abang JD at home all day during Rugby World Cup 2 years back. And then, ada orang belanja tiket kan, lagi seronok. Haha.. Mula-mula it's just me and Uncle then when Boy heard I'm going (I brag to him la of course kan..haha..) so he beg to come along too. Okai, admittedly two kinda lame, so three is awesome. Uncle Amir played for Royal Selangor Club Rugby Team called RSC Dog so the RSC gang will be there too along with the RSC women's team, the Dingo. Spirit of Rugby Challenge 2010 featured four teams with the games of Classib All Blacks and World XV as main event. Siapa tak kenal All Blacks, the legendary New Zealand team who won the first Rugby World Cup kan? The Classic All Blacks is a team featuring the finest players of yesteryear while celebrating the heritage of New Zealand rugby. Yeah..it means Haka and Lomu. Ngeh ngeh ngeh.. The line up for Classic All Blacks include Andrew Mehrtens, Byron Kelleher, Carlos Spencer and yeah, the legendary Jonah Lomu (woot woot). For Uncle, its so-so because he met eye to eye with Lomu at training session in RSC and got to hang out with that big guy too.. (shheeesshhhh..menci!) and for my dear lil' bro, it's like he got the best birthday gift ever for having the opportunity to watch Classic All Blacks in action. Owh..Uncle warned us that it gonna be really HOT and HOT and remind me to bring my sunglasses along and hat or umbrella. But secretly, I know, he wants me to dress up as minimal as possible. Haha..I see through you Unc! bwuek! I kinda assume it would be hot anyway because, well, the games start at 3pm. From my yesteryear athletic experience, I know it's gonna be damn hot..and yes it did. Ah..and no, I didn't wear anything minimal. Gila..pedih owh kalo sunburn! I think I had enough tan for a while. Hehe..

At 3pm, opening game between NS Wanderers, one of the big names in Malaysia's rugby arena vs Hong Kong Football Club starts. Ah..you should see our rugby club in action (no, they are not Malaysian team, they are a rugby club) and they beat Hong Kong Football Club no less. Cool ha? The stadium is half full with rugby fans and when the Classic All Blacks enter the field for warming-up session, the crowd goes wild at the sight of the big man, Jonah Lomu. Gila cool..! Before the game start, the Classic All Black did the ever famous Haka. Ahhhh..GILAAAAAAA BEESSSTTTTTT dapat tengok secara LIVE!

As the game start, it was a bit frustrating because Lomu was not that all action. He just stood at the wing and waited for the ball. Lazy ha? Hahaha.. Ah well, I guess he was bored because everytime he made a move or catches the ball (even when the catch fumble) the crowd goes goo-goo ga-ga after him..and after a while, it does gets a bit annoying. Hee~ In the end, Classic All Blacks tied with World XV with the score 28 all. And guess what, the players walk towards the stadium bench and Lomu started to throw his boots towards the spectators. Damn. Lomu's smelly boot gonna earn quite a fortune okai at e-bay. I wasn't that crazy in taking picture because it was so bloody hot that moving around is kinda perit. Huuuu~ Boy saje yang ke hulur ke hilir, recognizing this player and that. Anyway, got shot by a photographer randomly in the pic below. Try lah cari saya..hehe..Hint : Uncle was laughing dengan gembiranya.  It was one hot Saturday evening full of fun. Thanx a million Uncle sebab belanja entrance tiket. It was super cool..! Next time belanja lagi ha? heee~ And for rugby fans out there yang miss this one of a lifetime (cewahh..konon) event, haihh, go kick youself. THE LEGEND PLAYED ON THAT FIELD AND YOU WASN'T EVEN THERE? Dude, they do the Haka..LIVE okai. Hee~ Till then, chill out everyone. Cheers! *wink* 

No comments: