Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Lesson On Privacy

12.15pm

Privacy. I learned it somewhere else other from my home. Being 'granma's pet grandchild' means I am always in the center of every aunts and uncles attention (mostly Aunts, typical women nature to be nosy..hee. Uncles usually mind their own business) and almost everything that I do will be scrutinize under their nose. The good that happened will be spread to wherever Aunts were but the bad, will be spread even faster. In one day, everyone will know everything. Haha. So it means that, I have no privacy. Privacy is unheard of. If handphone was left unattend just for 5mins, ah..there will always one person or another who will pick it up and browse through, especially in Message Inbox. Aha..Imagine how insufferable it is..especially during those teenage years where all you want is do naughty things and be bad-ass, which is always in my nature, a born daredevil. If a diary is left under the pillow or hide under piles of clothers, there will always someone who will find it. Crap. Hahaha..

Privacy, my uncle taught me to respect other people's privacy. It means, no peeking their phone or things which belongs to them without their permission. He never peek on my cousins (his son and daughter, he has two children) stuff, be it handphone or email. When they are on phone, he will not stood beside them to eavesdrop like most parents do incase their children is hiding something from them like hatching some sort of a plan to take over the world or rob a bank. He taught them, me, about trust and respect. Privacy is all about trust and respect. I respect the way he deal with things. All cool and patience. If one of us screw-up, be it his children or his nieces and nephews, he will try to talk to us and understand, the reasons for why does it happened. He will not condemn. He only shows disappointment. A trick I believed he learnt from my granma..which never failed to make this daredevil grand-daughter felt bad for being a naughty girl. Compared to other parents or aunts and uncles who will yelled at you for screwing up, he won't. He will say "things happened, try to make sure it wont happen again.the only person who can change it is you.." and he will pat my head. Not being yelled at, was worse than being yelled at for a rebel at heart like me. And if it was something really bad, he will give you a very firm warning..and that's that. He won't even lift a finger at you unless you are being extremely rude, which in my case is rare unless relentlessly provoke.

I guess, to walk his walk in dealing with things, you need to have a great patience. Privacy comes from trust. Trust comes with patience combined with understanding and respect will be born. Sometimes, you do felt betrayed, when those you trust betrayed you, but then that's what respecting other people privacy save you from, the betrayal. Truth has its way of wanting to be revealed so have some patience and let it be, or you can try to talk to them. Sometimes, there is reason why people do what they do and want to keep it private..try to understand that for whatever reason it is, it is no excuse to pry upon them. That is why, it is called privacy in the first place. You guys can try to apply this in frienship, relationship and marriage. Proudly said, it works..because my uncle's marriage is smooth sailing and his children becomes good person. Isn't that what all of us want in life?


No comments: